Baked Beet Falafel Taco
May 14, 2018
Wild Leek season is here! Having sprouted chickpeas and microgreens, I was inspired to make some beet falafels after finding some beets in the crisper.
Baked Beet Falafel with Baba Ganoush, Watercress & Sprouts
2 small Beets
1 Carrot with tops
1 cup of sprouted Chickpeas
2 bulbs of wild Leeks
3 cloves of Garlic
basil, thyme, oregano (optional)
salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven 425 degrees F.
2. Cut up beets and carrot. Add to food processor.
3. Add chickpeas to the food processor and process well. Put contents into a mixing bowl.
4. Mince wild leeks, garlic, cilantro, parsley, carrot tops, and herbs.
6. Add cumin, coriander, curry powder, baharat, salt & pepper.
7. Add all into the bow and mix in arrowroot flour to bind
8. On parchment paper, scoop with ice cream scooper for measurement and pack with hands to firm up.
9. Bake for about 25 minutes.
2 bulbs of wild leeks
2 cloves of garlic
1 small hot pepper (optional)
1 Juice of a lemon
Toasted cumin and coriander.
salt and pepper.
1. Roast eggplant on a stove element.
2. Toast and ground up cumin and coriander.
3. In food processor, add all.
4. serve in bowl with olive oil and sprinkle smoked paprika.
1. Warm corn tortilla.
2. Cut beet falafel in half and put in the tortilla with baba ganoush.
3. Garnish with watercress and sprouts.
Tsu-Ching Yu is a multi-talented performer, lover, dreamer, and student of life. Her mission is to live life to the fullest and each day through the lenses of love, compassion, and understanding. She believes in creating miracles and it all starts with each and every one of us. Add Pingback
Please add a comment
You must be logged in to leave a reply.