Pear Almond Tart Recipe
Apr 11, 2016
Spiced Pear Almond Tart
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter (cut into small cubes)
- 1 duck egg yoke (save the egg white for the filling)
- 1 tbsp cream
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond slivers
- 3 tbsp organic brown sugar
- 2 duck eggs left over egg white from crust making
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tsp Bailey's Irish cream
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp cloves grounded
- 1/8 tsp cardamon seeds grounded
- About 3 small organic pears sliced
- sprinkle of cinnamon grounded
- cap full of Irish whiskey
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- cap full of Bailey's Irish cream
- sprinkle of vanilla seeds grounded
1. In a bowl, combine the flours, salt, and butter. Using two knives mix the contents, cutting away with the blades positioned like open scissors, so that warm hands do not melt the butter. Continue until mixture look like breadcrumbs.
2. Add yolk, cream, and maple syrup. knead dough until combined. Place in container and put in fridge or freezer.
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until combined.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients.
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
2. Roll out dough with floured rolling pin to fit a 8 inch tart. Press the dough on to tart pan.
3. Pour filling into pan.
4. Nicely arrange the pears in the tart.
5. Sprinkle more cinnamon on tart if desired.
6. Bake for about 40 minutes or until crust lightly golden brown.
When read to eat, whisk whipping cream with Irish cream and vanilla until peaks form.
Serve and be happy!
Tsu-Ching Yu is a multi-talented performer, lover, dreamer, and student of life. Her mission is to live life to the fullest and each day through the lenses of love, compassion, and understanding. She believes in creating miracles and it all starts with each and every one of us.